01/07/2015 by The Dirt Contributor
The American Society of Landscape Architects has released its 2015 awards call for entries for the 2015 professional and student awards, the premier awards programs for the profession. For the first time, submissions will be handled online.
Award recipients will receive featured coverage in the October issue of Landscape Architecture Magazine and in many other design and construction industry and general-interest media. Award recipients, their clients and student advisors also will be honored at the awards presentation ceremony during the ASLA Annual Meeting and EXPO in Chicago, Nov. 6–9, 2015. The award-winning projects will be featured in a video presentation at the ceremony and on the awards website following the event.
The prestige of the ASLA awards programs relies on the high-caliber juries that are convened each year to review submissions. Members of this year’s professional awards jury are:
- Keith LeBlanc, FASLA, Keith LeBlanc Landscape Architecture Inc., Boston, Jury Chair
- Thomas Balsley, FASLA, Thomas Balsley Associates, New York City
- René Bihan, ASLA, SWA Group, San Francisco
- Alan Brake, The Architect’s Newspaper LLC, New York City
- Kathleen Dickhut, ASLA, Department of Housing and Economic Development, Chicago
- Signe Nielsen, FASLA, Mathews Nielsen, New York City
- Cornelia Hahn Oberlander, FASLA, Cornelia Hahn Oberlander, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Mark Robbins, American Academy in Rome, Rome, Italy
- Richard Weller, ASLA, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
Members of the student awards jury are:
- Kona Gray, ASLA, EDSA, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Jury Chair
- Richard Bumstead, ASLA, University of Chicago, Chicago
- Maurice Cox, Tulane University, New Orleans
- Katya Crawford, Affiliate ASLA, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Lisa Gimmy, ASLA, Lisa Gimmy Landscape Architecture, Los Angeles
- David Hill, ASLA, D.I.R.T. Studio, Auburn, Alabama
- Fernando Magallanes, ASLA, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Katherine Orff, ASLA, Scape / Landscape Architecture PLLC, New York City
- Laura Solano, ASLA, Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates Inc., Cambridge, Massachusetts
Both the ASLA professional and student awards feature five categories: general design; residential design; analysis and planning; communications; and research. The professional awards also include the Landmark Award, while the student awards include the student community service award and student collaboration categories.
Entry submissions and payment must be received by:
March 27, 2015 for ASLA professional awards
May 22, 2015 for ASLA student awards
In need of inspiration? View the ASLA 2014 professional and student award-winning projects.